D2L’s Brightspace received the highest composite score across all functional, technical, security, accessibility, pricing requirements based on a “Best Value” evaluation where cost was not the only consideration. Usability, tools, analytics, solutions to existing challenges and anticipated future needs, the impact on our digital learning environment—essentially the real value-add to faculty, staff, and students—were carefully considered.
A Brightspace environment will also be set-up for preview. In the interim, please visit D2L online at: https://www.d2l.com/higher-education/ and take a look at a few key program highlights below:
- Course level tools/features that address existing challenges/issues identified by SUNY faculty in a broad survey that informed the RFP;
- Ease of use for content creation and building courses;
- Multiple and easy to access channels for faculty-student interaction;
- Strong/proactive mechanisms for Universal Design and accessibility compliance – Brightspace aligns with WCAG 2.1 AAA;
- Functionality to support non-credit continuing education, and training;
- Bulk course migration support; and
- Strong data analytics tools.